- NCPAPA/NCASA Member....$170.00
Most Principals and Assistant Principals qualify for member pricing. If you are not sure, please contact email@example.com to check.
Participants will receive a certificate acknowledging CEU credits and a copy of the book titled Designing Literacy Focused Schools.
Accommodations are available at the following locations:
- Homewood Suites Mayfaire, 672 Swan Mill Road, Wilmington | 910-791-7272
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, 1989 Eastwood Road, Wilmington | 910-256-9600
- Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall, 120 Culbreth Drive, Wilmington | 910-256-0098
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Wilmington Mayfaire, 1014 Ashes Drive, Wilmington | 910-239-9975
Hotel discount group codes and additional information are available on the registration site under Accommodations.
About the Seminar
NC's new and more rigorous standards place an emphasis on student literacy across all disciplines. Recently, there have been extensive evaluation studies of schools demonstrating high literacy success. The studies identified several high impact literacy practices these schools had in common. This session will assist school leaders in understanding these high impact literacy practices through descriptions and actual examples from the schools.
Throughout the session, a consistent comparison will be offered for participants to compare their school's literacy practices to the high impact practices. Several connections will be made between each of the high impact practices and monitoring for high literacy achievement.
Country Club of Landfall
- Exemplary Practices Research
- Higher Level Thinking and the Connection to High Levels of Literacy
- High Impact, Rapid Response Literacy Practices
- Vocabulary: The Core Foundation of Literacy
- Reading Comprehension: Why We Read
- Writing to Raise Achievement: The Critical Component
- Summarizing and the Connection to Literacy Success
- At-Risk Learners and Literacy Success
- Putting It All Together Examples - Participants' Planning